Friday, June 21, 2013

An unexpected feast

So there I was STAAARVING! Having forgotten my dabba at home, I'd relegated myself to living like a Somalian for a few hours (There are some that might imply I should do this more often, but i choose to ignore these trogledytes and move on!)

Well, so to get back to me, there I was STAAARVING! stomach rumbling, wondering how I could face the next couple of hours before I could escape and find the nearest eatery when my colleagues came down and told me we had lunch on the house (or rather, the office!) today from the Taj Club House!

WOOHOO! The food Gods must be pleased with me! So I thanked the food Gods that be, and went to indulge in this unexpected feast!

It started with a sweet corn soup, which I avoided coz they generally make 'em too salty for my taste. The Papdi chaat was MEH! The pasta salad was alright, a bit sour - I have no idea why! - and the moong dal salad, which I had high expectations from didn't really meet the mark.

So then I moved on to the mains - there was a very nice veggie pulav made just right and bland enough to set off the veggies - paneer lababdar & gobi malai masala (or some such!). The paneer was comme-ci-comme-ça but the gobi was WONDERFUL! Well cooked, the sauce was a perfect foil for the tender florets. This was followed by the star of the meal - a Spinach-corn bake! yummmmm! There was a dal indus, but it really didn't make any impact one way or the other.

The desert table had malai sandwich, moong dal halwa and icecream. I tried the first two. The malai sandwich was DISAPPOINTING! I can get better at Shree Mithai! But the halwa - wah wah! SUPERLATIVE! Now if only there was a nice coffee to follow it... but I guess I'll have to go home for that.


Item: Lunch Buffet
Price: Unknown
Caterer: Taj Club House
Address: No. 2, Club House Road, Anna Salai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600002
Phone: 044 6631 3131
VFM: Considering free, and I was starving - TOTALLY!
Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment